MichiganWorks! Service Centers provide services to businesses of all sizes who recruit and employ entry-level, skilled and professional employees. Services available include:
Assisting employers with posting, updating and modifying job openings on michworks.org (http://www.michiganworks.org) website
Entering job orders for employers who do not have Internet access
- Providing interviewing space for employers
- Accepting applications and/or resumes
- Searching resumes
- Faxing resumes of applicants
- Providing Work Opportunity Tax Credit information
- Providing assistance with viewing resumes
- Displaying job openings in notebooks and on scrolling message board
- Referring applicants to posted job orders
- Providing meeting space (for a fee)
- Providing use of 15-station computer lab (for a fee)
Development of customized training for new hires or current employees
Michigan Works! Service Centers
MichiganWorks! - Alma
MichiganWorks! - Mt. Pleasant
MichiganWorks! - Greenville
An Employment Service Representative is available to assist individuals with registration and job search on the Michigan Talent Bank.
Welfare Reform programs assist program participants with finding and maintaining employment. Eligibility: Must be referred for services by the Department of Human Services (DHS) or Friend of the Court.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
The Workforce Investment Act is a federally funded employment and training program that aids job seekers with a variety of services. Assistance such as labor market information, training availability and employability skills are offered to the general public free of charge. Additional support may be available and is based on eligibility criteria. Services are offered at the MichiganWorks! Service Centers in Gratiot, Isabella and Montcalm Counties by the Gratiot-Isabella RESD with funding provided through the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth, the Central Area Michigan Works Consortium and administered by EightCAP, Inc.
Last Modified on March 9, 2017